Our motto

Our motto

Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Who is: Young M.A.

You guysssssss...as you know I get all my worldly information gleaned from various memes. And in the past few months I've been really hearing about Young M.A. enough that I'm starting to wonder if I need to figure out who that is. I think the first thing I heard was that she was mad that her BET award show speech got cut short. So since my first knowledge of her came while she was already hitting it big on awards shows its pretty certain to say I've missed the boat on this one. I've been doing extensive google research (AKA I've heard two songs and read one line of a wikipedia page) and I'm already glad to say this is a person of interest on my radar.

 So I already knew she was a rapper, and it from her frequently-worn Brooklyn hat, I could safely assume her origins. No need to look those up. I think a lot of memes sort of poke fun at her because she's mannish-looking, as if they're not sure she's a man or a woman, but she's an open lesbian, so I think it's just anonymous internet idiots going for the absolute lowest hanging fruit. Here at ItsBritneySnitch we pride ourselves on being a little more wordly than that. The REAL question on everyone's mind (I AM everyone) is do you pronounce the M and A separately, or is it "mah" sounding? Inquiring minds want to know. This is the hard-hitting journalism I started this blog to report.
 Guys, the answer is not as easy to find as I thought. I did find out M.A. stands for "Me. Always." Which is a pseudonym she took on to her attempt to authentically speak of her life and experiences. People...I spent more time researching this than anything in my history...it took almost 3 minutes until I realized I should just go find an interview of her on youtube. And it was from the 2016 BET awards where she was wearing the bulls shirt shown above! You pronounce the M and the A separately. And also they didn't cut off her speech Kanye style, they cut off her freestyle rap. Well, she says they cut off her cypher, but I don't know what that means. I know cipher is a code, so I'm gonna go with something along those lines. Listen, I can't do everything here.

So anyway, Young M.A. hit the mainstream big time this summer with a single called OOOUUU and I listened to it and I really like it. I'm honestly just starting to get used to this style of rap (Lord I don't listen to new music, I barely listen to old music) but I honestly thought she is great. Her lyrics are punchy and creative and the beats are catchy. I was hooked right at the beginning of the song with the lyrics "yeah I'm pretty but I'm loco". That works for me. I kinda want it embroidered and framed. Is that too etsy of me? Sorry. 

Ok also wanna know what else? In my now extensive research I've seen Nicki Minaj's picture come up a lot. Also on memes, which are basically the encylopedias of our times. They hint at some sexual intercourse between the two. I did a suuuuuper quick google search that literally comes up with every answer from they're kind of flirting to Meek Mill caught them together in a sexual way. So I don't know, but in fair reporting I thought it was worth mentioning.
So now for the last and final question: how does she fit in with Taylor Swifts gal pal posse? I haven't actually seen their names together. I actually can't really imagine they have been in the same state ever. But it's possible. Lemme check. Brb. Ok I'm back. Seems instantaneous to you, but I had to spend my usual ten seconds scanning the headlines of the first 10 posts on a google search of "young MA taylor swift" and literally not a single thing came up. The best connection I can make is some people report things about Young M.A. near the same place they may report rumors about Taylor Swift dating Drake.

Well, this has been fun.

Summary: Young M.A.
Interesting: Yes
Tay Squad: Doesn't know the other exist, not even in the same universe as far as I can tell
Dating life: Probably Nicki Minaj I don't know

-Genesis Pulsifer

1 comment:

  1. i like the summary statement at the end. i find the snakes coming out of her head particularly scary and therefore i don't like this person. decision made.

    ReplyDelete