Our motto

Our motto

Thursday, November 17, 2016

Things The Kids Are Doing These Days: Juju on that Beat

The dance is popular enough that I think everyone already knows it, but I just can't over it. It's a song by Zay Hilfiger (who is 15!) and Zayion McCall (both are from Detroit!), Juju on that Beat is also knicknamed the TZ Anthem. It came out August 2016 and one of the artists put out a video of him and a female doing now much-imitated dance which they knew had potential to go viral. The song calls out for certain actions, such as when the rapper says "walked in this party" the dancers imitate walking. The following clown video is one of the most popular and most shared versions, people call it the prototype dance (even more than the one Zay put out himself!). 

My other favorite one is at walmart store just before halloween. What could typify late 2016 more than these two videos?

I just really love what this song and dance is about, which is, as far as I can tell, having fun!
I have so many other popular crazes and dances I want to talk about, but this one needed to be first because...most because it was popular when we started this blog. I cant decide if I want to cover the mannequin challenge bc I never found it funny and I'm hoping it will go away. I guess it depends. I really never know what I'm going to say until it comes out. Life is full of surprises.

- Genesis Pulsifer

No comments:

Post a Comment