Our motto

Our motto

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Nicest Man In The World Gets What He Deserves

You guys want a bit of news that won't make you feel like the vomit that a dog ate up and vomited again?


Jackie Chan won his first Academy Award. They do a smaller Governors Ball award show or something at this time of year and present honorary Oscars, and he got his first one. He has been acting since the age of 8 years, mostly in action comedies, and has been in 150+ movies. He's known for doing most of his own stunts, and so frequently being injured that no insurance company will insure him. He is probably as equally known for being a good-natured, modest man who never plays the bad guy because he wants to be a positive role model for children. He just seems like the kind of person I want to hear good things about.

His speech was very humble but funny, as he says, "To all my fans, without them it would be worth breaking my bones so many times".

Also of note, there is a very famous internet meme. It's like the "mind blown" meme that the youth can use to express utter confusion, possibly mixed with exasperation.


I don't often find this meme to be used in a funny way, its kind of a bottom-of-the-barrel meme. Low hanging fruit. But what do I know, I have never made a meme. But I guess I spend like 5+ hours of my day reading them online. I'd say I'm a Meme Enthusiast. A hobby-memer.

Anyway, kudos to JC, for being a generally cool guy, and being acknowledged for his hard work and talent. It feels good to know that happens sometimes, right?

- Genesis Pulsifer

No comments:

Post a Comment