Our motto

Our motto

Sunday, January 15, 2017

Who is: Zendaya

Guys, there's another person I've been seeing around and don't know. It all started (for me) with this clip I've seen around instagram:



And I was like oh she's cute and moved on. But she's been popping up  more. She's been rumored to be with Odell Beckam Jr for like, years, and lately (like a year) it's been Trevor Jackson. Going back, I realize she was the one that Giuliana Rancic was talking about during the 2015 oscars, that her dreads probably "smells like patchouli oil. Or weed." I remember the event but was just like, huh, ok, don't really know this girl.
I mean she looks super cute in these pics. I like that white dress she's wearing. And she's stringbean skinny but plays it off in a good way. Is that a thing? I made it up. I've seen her around other random instagram things, that maybe will come to me in my searches. But the final straw was when I was reading an US Weekly at work (don't judge me, I found it in a patients room) and she was in it. I said I didn't know who she was and my attending, who is in her 50s was like oh she's a Disney star, she was on blah blah blah show. I do NOT like being out-pop-cultured (made up word, so what, its my blog) by anyone who is not a youth. I vowed to return home and look her up. So I did. with a brief 4 hour break to eat twice, play iphone games, nap, watch American Dad and NOW I'm here to tell you who Zendaya is. 
So she was in fact a Disney star. I use that term lightly bc I never heard of her. And I also never watch Disney shows. Not since That's So Raven got cancelled, ammaright? Anyway, she played Rocky Blue on a show called Shake It Up. She is currently famous for...being an "actress, singer and dancer". TF does that mean?

So I looked up her instagram. She does have a lot of followers. More than I can count. 

So I looked her up on IMDB and she was in some random things like maybe a spiderman movie and an episode of Blackish. But YOU GUYS do you know WHAT...she was in BAD BLOOD! Do you know what this means! She is in the Tay Tay girl posse. This keeps popping up. It's like the illuminati. That bitch controls the world, I swear. She's soooooooo clever. She knows exactly what she's doing. 
Yep, those two on the right. So sneaky, So now I get that she's famous for like, being around, hustling on instagram and just being a fabulous person. Although she was once quoted to say she's doesn't "do industry kids". Well I dunno Zendaya. She says she's not in the squad, but act like she's in the squad. My verdict? She's in the squad. I think she's cute so I don't mind. I get it. I wouldn't want to be defined as a member of someone else's squad. F that. I'm not singing backup in Destiny's Child (sorry for the hackneyed analogy, I am getting sleepy).
I also found out she was on dancing with the stars. That's cool I guess. 
She lost to Kelly Pickler (who is apparently ALSO friends with TS but not in the squad), but a lot of people (like the person who's quote was in the picture next to this one) thought she should have won. I don't like that show, or any reality TV. Ironic, huh?

Summary:
Zendaya: cute as a button
Dating: maybe some people
Tay Tay Girl Posse: Likely, even if she won't define herself that way, like a hipster

Am I missing anything?

-Genesis Pulsifer

No comments:

Post a Comment