Our motto

Our motto

Sunday, January 15, 2017

Meme: Salt Guy

The salt guy meme is all the rage. ALL THE RAGE. And you need to know about it. You probably don't and you're so dumb. Ben Affleck is already wearing a shirt with this guys picture on it. That's right, the douche lord of Hollywood knows about him and you're in the dark. Don't get me wrong, the guy used to be hot, but RIP Goodwilll Hunting Ben Affleck, am I right?

Fun fact: Young Ben Affleck was also hot in Armageddon, but that was before he got super lame and wore affliction shirts

So this guy just got internet famous this week. He's a Turkish chef named Nusret Gokce and he handles meat like an experienced lover. He owns a bunch of steak houses and already has been famous with the nickname Salt Bae for quite some time. If you have the patience to watch the WHOLE 35 second video you can see the flair with which he delicately sprinkles the meat with salt, almost bouncing off his elbow.

 It's more of an art than a science. And more of a passion than a career. It's Salt Bae at his finest.
I mean don't get me wrong, this guy is clearly the douche-lord to end all douche lords. He's the king douche. It's probably why Ben loves him so much.
 Sooooo the internet has decided to add its own subtle (aka blatant) humor to this guy. Most of the memes involve the actual sprinkling of salt. It is reminiscent of when you add something extra just for the panache. I get it.
check this one out:

and 
Some of them involve pictures of him with his 8-9 children (eyeballed, I am not taking the time to count them) but those are not as funny. I personally like this meme. The guy looks like a total ass so I can't explain it. I think it's because I love the idea of adding that one extra oomph that really hits the nail on the head. Dunno. I don't think about it that hard.

-Genesis Pulsifer

1 comment: