Our motto

Our motto

Thursday, February 23, 2017

WTF is a bath bomb?

I have been seeing bath bombs EVERYWHERE for months. By that I of course mean on instagram, where I get all my info. People are so in love with them. Are they much better than the Body Shop oil beads from back in my youth? Cuz those were the shit. You waited like 10 minutes for them to open and then a tiny mL of oil would seep out, rendering your skin smooth and silky.



 But these new bath bombs are gross as hell. At first I was so confused bc I kept seeing people just posting videos of themselves letting them dissolve. And I thought they're talking about how fucking gross they are right?
But no, the videos kept coming. And getting tens of thousands of likes! And then the How-To videos started, apparently these little shits are so expensive to buy from Lush (a store I can barely walk by without gagging from the stench) that people are making their own. 
 And when you dissolve them the water turns a foamy, murky haze that is reminiscent of still, brackish pond water. And people are going fucking ape-shit over this. This youtube compilation video of the "best bath bomb videos" has a tens of thousands of likes.
 I just don't understand. You probably come out smelling like the bottom of a new jersey tanning bed. And don't get me started on the health risks. I just really don't understand any of it. I really hate it.
I cannot figure out why in the fresh hell anyone could think this is appealing, let alone use one. 

Stay well, 
-Genesis Pulsifer

No comments:

Post a Comment