Our motto

Our motto

Friday, March 10, 2017

I don't care about Remy Ma, but here goes

Guys I don't care at all about this Remy Ma and Nicki Minaj feud. But it JUST WONT END so I guess I have to (briefly) figure out wtf is going on. And then likely decide I ultimately still don't care. but sometimes it's nice to be informed first. For a change.
Left: Remy Ma Right: Nicki Minaj

So Remy Ma (AKA Reminisce Mackie Nee Smith AKA Remy Martin) was in Fat Joe's crew in the early 2000s. Which was really the only cool time to be in Fat Joe's Crew. Remember the song Lean Back? She was on that.  And MOP's Ante Up. Man U used to love that song. That song was a great way for Busta Rhymes to get white people hyped up. I loved it.

Annnnnnnyway Remy Ma has beef with a lot of people. And also she was in jail for 6 years for some illegal shit. She was released in 2014, although that was not on the forefront of my consciousness. Meanwhile Nicki Minaj hits the scene so hard, the early 2010s were for sure her era. Every good song of 2012 was feat. Nicki Minaj. That's my theory. 

Nicki spat some lyrics in 2007 that Remy Ma thought was about her. They confronted each other, but allegedly nothing was ever confirmed. Dis tracks have been passed back and forth. And everyone in the scene is just running to twitter to insert their opinions and sides. Literally everyone wants to decide who did a better clap back. And I couldn't give a shit. As I'm typing this I'm LITERALLY wondering if I should cut up an orange pepper and eat it with hummus. That would be interesting. Because then I'd be eating a pepper.  You heard it here first. 

I was going to break down some of the lyrics from the dis track but I'm gathering that nobody at all cares. Or you can look it up yourself. Hey, I did one better, here's a link to a great site that breaks them down as truths or lies. You are welcome for this hard-hitting news. 

Genesis Pulsifer

No comments:

Post a Comment